Sunday, March 1, 2009

Got the list of questions back

I sent a list of questions to Jordan, some silly some just curious, he answered the questions and sent it back.

How many guys in your barracks?
59

How many in your squad?
55

How many hours of sleep are you getting each night?
about 7, I go to bed at 9-9:30

Do you sleep on top or bottom bunk?
Top bunk

Is there a lot of snoring at night, anybody as loud as your dad?
Yes. There is one louder than grandpa

Are you making a lot of friends?
Yeah were starting to become a family

Are your boots comfortable?
They actually are. No blisters, but I did have one.

Is it true that you have to do pushups for each letter or package you receive from hom? If yes, does it bother you, should we send less?
Yes I do, but it doesn't matter how many you send I knock em out.

What has been the most challenging part so far?
running

What has been the easiest?
shooting

What is your favorite part so far?
Shooting the 50 cal machine gun

What is the scariest thing so far?
nothing was scary, victory tower was re-scheduled.

What encourages you most?
Letters

Most interesting person that you have met so far?
Boyer, he is a piece of work

Have you lost your voice from yelling yet?
Nope

Favorite meal/food in the mess hall?
Chicken and green beans (not sure but I think that is a joke, Uncle Buddy told him he would be eating a lot of chicken and green beans)

What food do you miss most?
Baked Spaghetti

Do you have mail call every day?
All but Sunday

Have you been going to church?
No, I stay back and clean the barracks

Top 5 things you miss?
Honestly
1. family
2. friends
3. car
4. beer
5. cigarettes


Is there anything you need that I could send you without getting you smoked?
Send unscented liquid body wash

Have you named your weapon?
No not yet

How have you been doing on your shooting?
Good. But not great. Better than most but I can do better.

Anything else you want us to know?
well just make sure my friends get my address if they want it, tell them to send pictures.

PS The drill sargents said I am squared away so they made me team leader.

2 comments:

  1. The chicken is no joke... It seemed like every other day I ate chicken at F. Jackson. On the days I didn't have chicken, they served chilimac... Ask Jordan if he has had chilimac yet ;)

    Victory tower is a breeze if you are not scared of heights. Hey, I did it - that means ANYONE can :)

    Babs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will ask him about the chilimac :o)

    Jordan is afraid of heights, it is better now than it used to be but he is still pretty anxious about it.

    ReplyDelete